In the ever-evolving digital advertising landscape, staying informed about the latest ad formats and strategies is paramount. Two terms often appearing in conversations about TikTok advertising are TikTok Spark Ads and TikTok Ads. While they share a common platform, these two advertising methods have distinct characteristics and serve unique purposes. Let’s delve into the key differences between TikTok Sparks Ads and TikTok Ads.
Explanation of TikTok Ads and TikTok Spark Ads
If you have been selling for a long time and have advertised on Facebook Ads, you will have no difficulty placing advertisements on TikTok because the concept is similar. However, if you are still selling online for the first time and TikTok is the first platform you use, you really have to pay attention. In this article, we will explain the TikTok Spark Ads and TikTok Ads ads and their differences.
TikTok has one feature that is very useful for sellers who sell on TikTok, namely TikTok Ads. This feature aims to help promote your product. Like on Facebook, this feature also helps to determine the purpose of the ad. Of course, this feature helps to determine the advertising target market.
To advertise on TikTok, there are two ways you can do it—namely TikTok Spark Ads and TikTok Ads.
TikTok Spark Ads
TikTok Spark Ads, the newer entrant into the TikTok advertising arsenal, are designed to spark user engagement. This type of advertising is rarely known and rarely heard by most TikTok users. But here are the differences between TikTok Spark Ads and TikTok Ads so that your friends understand more about TikTok Ads and TikTok Spark Ads:
- TikTok Spark Ads are advertisements whose material is taken from our organic account.
- So, this TikTok Spark advertising account is connected to our organic account.
- When placing an ad, the username displayed will automatically display our shop username.
- Then, when clicked, the ad will direct to our organic account profile.
- So, this ad can be FYPed directly everywhere because the content is average.
1. User Interaction: TikTok Spark Ads encourage user interaction through various call-to-action (CTA) buttons such as “Learn More,” “Shop Now,” or “Download.” This interactivity sets them apart from conventional TikTok Ads.
2. Immersive Format: Spark Ads often use full-screen vertical video, immersing users in a captivating brand story or product showcase. This format differs from TikTok Ads, which may appear as shorter, non-full-screen videos.
3. Seamless Integration: Unlike TikTok Ads, which may be perceived as more interruptive, TikTok Spark Ads seamlessly blend into a user’s feed, creating a smoother transition from organic to sponsored content.
On the other hand, TikTok Ads encompass a broader range of advertising options within the TikTok platform. These options cater to diverse marketing objectives and allow businesses to tailor their ad campaigns to specific goals: brand awareness, engagement, or conversions.
When you create an ad on TikTok Ads, this ad is not connected to the organic TikTok account. So, this advertising account is separate from your sales account.
For this reason, when creating an advertisement, you must create a new username. For example, if your organic account or sales account is [A], you can later create a username that is the same or different from the organic account username. Then, when the ad appears and is clicked by a TikTok user, the ad will not direct to the organic account, but the ad will lead to the Landing Page.
So that means you have to make a Landing Page, right? Yes, Just like Facebook Ads, this Landing Page functions to read data ranging from traffic to product purchases.
1. Variety of Ad Formats: TikTok Ads offer various ad formats, including In-Feed Ads, Branded Hashtag Challenges, Branded Effects, and TopView, providing advertisers with flexibility and creativity.
2. Placement Control: Advertisers have more control over ad placement with TikTok Ads. They can strategically choose where their ads appear, ensuring they reach their target audience effectively.
3. Objective-Oriented: TikTok Ads are designed to align with specific marketing objectives. Advertisers can choose from goals like Traffic, Conversions, App Installs, Video Views, and more.
4. Creative Freedom: TikTok Ads allow brands to showcase their creativity through custom visuals, music, and engaging content, which may differ from the more integrated approach of TikTok Sparks Ads.
How to Create TikTok Spark Ads
You have two options for creating TikTok Spark Ads. First, you can directly retrieve previous content by using an authorization code. This means you can access existing posts and use that material in ads.
Alternatively, you can use an account link to access all posts with Spark without requiring additional authorization codes. Apart from that, you also have the option of directly uploading/creating new videos via TikTok Ads Manager.
Once you create this new video, it will go through the ad review process and be published on your TikTok account. You can easily collect or create new content within your Spark Ads with these two options.
To get started with Spark Ads, refer to the Spark Ads Creation Guide.
Ultimately, the choice between TikTok Spark Ads and TikTok Ads depends on your advertising goals and the type of user interaction you seek. TikTok Spark Ads are ideal for fostering engagement and seamlessly blending into the TikTok experience. In contrast, TikTok Ads offer more versatility, allowing you to craft campaigns that align precisely with your marketing objectives.
As the TikTok platform evolves, staying informed about the nuances between these advertising methods will be essential for brands and marketers to make the most of this dynamic social media landscape.